The Life of Me a Writer

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Magical Happenings- Again

Time for your next excerpt!  Onto a preview of the 2nd chapter.


Magical Happenings- Again
166 A.D.

Come on Trick! Get up and play!” Gabrielle said encouragingly to her dog, Trick. Trick hasn't been wanting to play for a week now. That's very unlike him. He's usually so playful, but Trick was getting old and Gabrielle knew it. It's not everyday you see a 12 year old Saluki. Gabrielle was trying everything to get Trick up and nothing was working, but Gabrielle was still trying. She picked up a good throwing stick and waved it around Trick hoping he would jump up and grab it playingly, but that was not what happened. Instead a jet of blue light came out of the stick hitting Trick in the stomache. Gabrielle was stunned, but not at the jet of blue lightas much as what Trick did; he started jumping around wagging his tail as if nothing was wrong, just asking to play. Gabrielle looked at the stick then to her dog, wondering what just happened. Could that blue light have possibly made Trick younger? Gabrielle thought. That's impossible though! I didn't think of anyting that had to do with magic. Anyways that wouldn't explain why light came out of the stick! Maybe since my hands weren't free the magic decided to take a different direction-through the stick. I don't have magic though! All this is just to confusing! I need to ask someone what happened before my head explodes! But who? Not my mom she'd freak if she heard I did magic accidently again, she'd just yell at me like she did last time. Wait last time! This has happened before! That's right, I was five and somehow I made a stick float. Well now I have a little more information to tell whoever I tell, but that also means I have a problem if this has happened twice how am I to be sur it doesn't happen again? Who can deal with that and still be nice? Dad! He loves the works of sorcerers and sorceresses. He would be a sorcerer if it wasn't for mum hating magic.

Dad!” Gabrielle yelled with a hint of urgency in her voice.
Yes, Gabrielle?” Duron said stepping outside. When he got a good look around him he noticed something amazing- Trick was standing up and wagging his tail as if nothing was wrong. Duron went to give the big guy a nice warm cuddly hug. He had thought that Trick was nearing his end, but that was not what he was seeing here. He exclaimed
Gabrielle, Tricks standing up! How'd you do it?”   


Post if you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment